Friday, October 22, 2010

Boulder buildings

Boulder is the twin city of Kalgoorlie, only a couple kilometers apart. Earlier this year Boulder was struck by a 5.2 earthquake. Due to the age of the buildings some have been severely damaged & now have scaffolding around them, until all the repair work canbe carried out.

Miners statue

Dozens of these colourful flower pots up & down Burt St (main) makes it look very pretty

I was taking a photo of an old building, when my friend here, please take a photo of me & my dog "Deisel"

Bright pink old English sweet shop

Don't you love the spelling of this sign at the railway station

This hotel is well & TRULY WRECKED


Bob looking at all the stuff in the old pharmacy shop

Old house

Now I know why there were NO LOCALS sitting in the shade in the parks etc !!!

Courthouse

Broken Hill hotel

Boulder streetscape

Bob & dunny lane, every street has a lane at back, remmant of days gone by

Albion Shamrock hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment